My Family

My Family
My Family

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sidenote on Damaged

I know growing up I watched as adults treated others who didn't find God's favor as sinful or damaged goods.  I am glad to hear JD preach this story of Z and Eliza and know that damaged people are not always sinful people.  In fact, JD used the example that one of our pastor's football coach would ride him continually in practice.  It was the way you knew you found favor with the coach, that he cared for you -- he disciplined you and worked to make you better because he saw the potential in you.  It was the ones he didn't speak to that should have been depressed because he didn't bother with them.  So if you're suffering and feeling like God isn't listening, He is probably doing some work in your life because He loves you, not because He is ignoring you.  You are loved by God.  Remember His greatest gift is He Himself.  The rest is just superficial and fading.  This world and all in it will pass away but those who love Him will walk with Him forever.  Be blessed and encouraged!!!

1 comment: