My Family

My Family
My Family

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

So, here's the question...

I've been pondering my favorite verse, Jer 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  To me, it is obvious that God wants us to live a glorious life where as I said in my last post He is the hero and prospers us to the fullest.  But what is prosperity? Webster defines prosperity as the condition of being successful and thriving, especially economic well-being.  Some people feel that prosperity is not a condition that God uses to show His love to us and that we are to give everything away and live humble quiet lives.  While I believe we are to give generously and live humbly, I also believe that we should be far from quiet.  We should be useful tools in God's kingdom, useful in ways that prosperity could assist.  Is it wrong to live as wealthy, even if we are giving and giving and giving?  I don't think so but I would like others opinions.  Please respond with useful advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment