My Family

My Family
My Family

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hooping and Hollerin'

I watched today in awe as Louisville made an awesome comeback in the Marquette game.  My awe was not at the display of talent but at the display of support from the fans.  They were dancing and singing and hooping and hollerin'.  And then came the words that set me off, "Louisville reached the promised land."  The promised land?!  The promised land?!  Did the freakin' announcer even know what he was talking about? 

I wondered wouldn't we all be hooping and hollerin' if we had reached the promised land (heaven).  I am looking forward to that day but in the meantime, my praise will show forth the joy that I am going to reach the promised land!!  I will pass through this trials and tribulations and go on to meet my Jesus face to face and at that time there will be a mighty rejoicing or in the words of the song I Can Only Imagine  maybe I will fall to my knees but it will be far better than any ballgame or concert I've been to that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment