My Family

My Family
My Family

Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Vision

Psalm 91 is one of my favorite psalms.  "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in Him will I trust."  A delightful beginning, I must say, encouraging one to live close to God, close enough that His shadow will fall on us.  It goes on to say in verse 4 that "He will cover you with His feathers," something that has always intrigued me especially in the light of a vision I feel the Lord gave me long ago. 

    I was praying and was transformed into a spirit-being soaring with wings as a eagle,
    rising above all my earthly problems and then I see His open arms.  I fly towards
    Him with growing peace and yet excitement.  As I approach Him, His arms raise
    to engulf me and I see the glory of heaven around about Him but my focus is clear. 
    As I land at His feet His arms become wings of feathers, just as a mother hen would
    engulf her young.  Such safety, such love, such comfort. 

I've rarely shared this with anyone but maybe if you can see the Lord as I do, you too can feel His feathers comfort you.

No comments:

Post a Comment