My Family

My Family
My Family

Saturday, February 12, 2011

God is faithful despite ourselves...

Pastor JD was awesome tonight, answering questions in the continuing saga of David's life.  We are at the end of David's life and David once again sins against God.  I was struck by how familiar this is to me as I fail God continually in my walk with Him too.  God's anger was kindled against David and he was given a choice of the nation's punishment.  Yes, the whole nation had fallen with David.  JD drew the analogy of how even though Adam cast the original sin, we fall into sin too and must be punished for it.  We suffer because of one man and because of one Man we are saved.  Unfortunately for the nation of Israel, punishment had to come and the angel of death came but God saw it and was grieved, seeing the future and His own Son's death He relented and had the angel cease.  Fortunately for us, Jesus already took our sin upon Himself and also took our punishment, our death even.  All we have to do is accept Him and His love for us and ask for His forgiveness of our sins.  JD states that the whole point of David's story is to point us to the Son, Jesus.  David's failures as a man, as a father, as a king are overshadowed by the coming of the Glorious One, King of Kings.  I'm glad that I know that God's mercy is better than man's and He will forgive me of my shortcomings and love me because of His Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment