My Family

My Family
My Family

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Worst Sinner

In 1 Timothy, Paul states, "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.  But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."  Yes, one of the greatest apostles of the Bible claims he himself is the worst of sinners.  You might agree remembering him as the persecutor of the early Christian church but he was thinking of himself as a mortal being, a sinner, one who fails God on a daily basis even after he has accepted Christ as Lord.  I find this comparable to the life I lead as I feel I daily am the worst sinner.  But the good news is this, God's mercy is new every morning, new and complete and covering all sin.  I am so thankful that He is patience with us and forgiving and full of mercy and grace.  Aren't you???

No comments:

Post a Comment